- Go to RangDe.org
- Create an account - 'Register' link on top right (you can just sign in with your gmail id)
- Browse thru the Borrowers - find whom you want to invest with.
- Enter the amount you want to invest (in multiples of Rs.100) next to the chosen borrower's profile, and hit 'Invest'
- Click 'Check Out' on the top.
- Click 'Continue' at lower right below the borrowers summary
- At the 'Support RangDe' page, you may choose to forgo the basic interest you would be getting, or put in some more .. this is strictly a donations page and you can skip it also, press Continue at bottom.
- Now at the Make Payment page, you can choose how to make the payment. If you already have some money returned from a previous investment, it'll show up here. I found Debit Card payment the best option, as there's also an additional protection of "Verified by Visa" on my debit card, and no transaction charges.
- In case you have a Gift Voucher code with you, can use that too. You can use all these modes of payment together. Press 'Continue' at bottom and you will have the regular payment portal.
- It's done! Now every time you come back to RangDe and login, you'll get to see whom you've invested with in 'My RangDe' section. Also you'll get email alerts periodically. Over the months you'll see the borrower repaying you in installments. Whatever amount is repaid, is immediately made available to you to re-invest or withdraw. (Example: I've invested since May, already have got Rs.300 back to re-invest, withdraw or Gift) So you can take back half this money in 6 months also.
Learn more about how RangDe works here.
Find them on Facebook here.
Click expand to see a video tutorial.
Here's a video:
This is a follow-up post from Rang De - an Investment I'll always cherish