1. Delhi Janlokpal Bill: Aam Aadmi Party resolves to legislate the Delhi Jan Lokpal
Bill after coming to power. This will ensure a time-bound investigation in matters of
corruption. The Delhi Lokpal will have the power to initiate investigations and
prosecution against those charged with corruption. A Citizens' Charter shall be
introduced in all government offices in Delhi. Whistleblowers will be provided
protection and awarded for their contribution toward creating a just system.
2. Swaraj Bill: Aam Aadmi Party will legislate the Swaraj Act to devolve power directly
to the people. Decisions affecting the local community will be taken by citizens and
implemented by their Secretariat. A Citizen Local Area Development (C-LAD) Fund
will be given to every Mohalla Sabha and Resident Welfare Association, ensuring
funds and functions in the hands of the community.
3. Full Statehood for Delhi: Acting within the constitutional framework our
government will use its moral and political authority to push for full statehood for
Delhi. This will ensure that institutions such as the DDA, MCD and Delhi Police will
be accountable to the elected government of Delhi. This way land will be made
available for the common man, there will be greater synchronization and shared
purpose among civic services with regard to service delivery and the law and order
machinery will be accountable to the citizens.
4. Electricity Bills to be reduced by half: An Aam Aadmi Party government will keep
its promise of reducing electricity bills by half. A more efficient, transparent and
accountable system to regulate and audit the power generation and distribution
companies is the need of the hour and AAP will do everything within its command to
achieve that. Discoms should purchase power from economical sources and wriggle
out of expensive and unsustainable Power Purchase Agreements. AAP will take
measures to provide relief from rising power bills, namely generating cheaper
electricity, improving transmission efficiency, fixing billing defects and correcting
5. CAG Audit of Power Discoms: We will conduct a comprehensive performance
audit of discoms by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India. Discoms shall
also be brought within the ambit of the RTI act. We will ensure that the citizens of
Delhi do not have to bear the burden of soaring power tariffs. Initially we will provide
subsidy that would go not to the power discoms but to Delhi Transco, a state-owned
transmission company which has unpaid bills of Rs 3,500 crore to be paid by the
discoms. This money will help Delhi Transco upgrade and augment its transmission
capacity, which is in a bad state at present. The lack of funds at Transco's disposal
is one of the main reasons for the frequent power outages in the state. After the
audit results are tabled in the assembly, power tariffs will be restructured.
6. Delhi's Own Power Station: We will put up Delhi's own power station at the
pithead and comprehensively solve Delhi's electricity problem in the long run by
being able to meet peak power consumption of 6200MW. We will also ensure that
the Rajghat and Bawana plant are efficiently utilized.
7. Introduce Competition Amongst Discoms: AAP reiterates the promise made in
its December 2013 Delhi manifesto of providing consumers the right to choose
between electricity providers. We will introduce competitive distribution, which will
provide better services and lead to lower tariffs.
8. Delhi To Be Made A Solar City: AAP will facilitate a phased shift to renewable and
alternate sources of energy. Incentives will be given to households, housing
societies, enterprise and industry to gradually switch over to renewable energy. We
are committed to ensuring that 20 percent of Delhi's energy needs are met through
solar energy by 2025.
9. Water As A Right: AAP will provide Water as a Right. It will provide universal
access to clean drinking water to all citizens of Delhi at an affordable price. The
Delhi Jal Board Act will be amended to make clean drinking water a right of the
people. AAP will make a time bound plan of action for covering all residents of Delhi
with piped water and sewage network in all parts irrespective of their legal status.
There will be no discrimination between planned/non-planned; authorized/ non-authorized;
regularized/ non-regularized; city or village. Within five years piped
water connections will be made available to as many as 14 lakh households (50
lakh people) in Delhi that do not have a piped water connection at present.
10. Free Lifeline Water: AAP will ensure free lifeline water of up to 20 kiloliters (20,000
liters) to every household per month through a Delhi Jal Board's (DJB) metered
water connection. This scheme will be extended to group-housing societies.
11. Fair and Transparent Water Pricing: AAP will provide universal access to potable
water to all its citizens of Delhi at a sustainable and affordable price. The mandatory
annual 10 percent hike in water tariffs will be abolished and any further hike will be
made only after due consideration. The AAP government will abolish the C-1A (B)
category to provide relief to households that run small shops from their residence
(less than 100 square feet) for their livelihood for which they are charge commercial
rates in spite of the fact that they are not using water for commercial purposes.
12. Water From Munak Canal: AAP will ensure the firm implementation of the High
Court order that says Delhi is entitled to extra raw water from Haryana in the Munak
canal, an issue on which the BJP government in Haryana and at the Centre have
13. Augmenting Water Resources: Our government will preserve and replenish local
and decentralized water resources, will initiate schemes for rainwater harvesting,
recharge of wells, watershed development and soil-water conservation. AAP will
revive Delhi's water bodies like lakes, ponds and baolis, among others, by rainwater
recharging and maintaining them in partnership with Mohalla Sabhas.
14. Crackdown On Water Mafia: AAP is committed to clamping down on Delhi's
powerful water mafia working under the patronage of political leaders. AAP will put
in place a transparent tanker water distribution system by implementing state-of-the-
art techniques. The schedule of tankers operating in different localities would be
made available online and on mobile phone. Private tankers will be allowed to
operate under the guidelines framed by our government. This will protect the
consumers from exorbitant pricing and illegal practices of private tanker operators.
15. Revive The Yamuna: The Yamuna River has been part of the collective memory of
Delhi for a long time but this lifeline is dying. We will ensure 100 percent collection
and treatment of Delhi's sewage through an extensive sewer network and
construction of new functional sewage treatment plants. Discharge of untreated
water and industrial effluents into the river Yamuna will be strictly prohibited.
16. Promote Rainwater Harvesting: The AAP government will throw its weight behind
rainwater harvesting and strongly push it in a top-down manner. Families that adopt
rainwater harvesting shall be termed water- friendly families. The government will
provide incentives to families who do so.
17. Build 2,00,000 Public Toilets: AAP will build two lakh toilets across Delhi: about
1.5 lakh toilets in slums and JJ clusters and 50,000 toilets in public spaces, of which
1 lakh toilets will be for women. These toilets will be concentrated in public spaces
and slum areas. We will construct eco-toilets to save water.
18. Better Waste Management: AAP will adopt and encourage the use of good
practices in waste management techniques from across the world. We will
encourage recycling by segregation of biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste
at the household level. Littering or disposal of construction debris in public places
will attract a heavy fine. We will enforce the ban on plastic bags in the city.
19. Five Hundred New Government Schools: AAP will build 500 new schools with a
special focus on secondary and senior secondary schools to ensure that every
Delhi child has easy access to quality education.
20. Higher Education Guarantee Scheme: Students who wish to pursue any diploma
or degree course after finishing Class 12 from any school in Delhi will be given bank
loans with the government standing as a guarantor. Students will not be required to
furnish any collateral and the scheme will be universal in nature regardless of a
student's financial background. The loan will cover both tuition fees and living
expenses. The loan repayment schedule will carry a moratorium period covering the
years required to finish the course and one year thereafter to find a job. Under this
scheme no loan request will be rejected.
21. Twenty New Degree Colleges: AAP will open 20 new colleges under Delhi
administration on the outskirts of the city in partnership with the villages of Delhi.
Further we will double the existing seat capacity of the Delhi government
administered colleges including Delhi's flagship university, the Ambedkar University.
22. Regulate Private School Fees: We will regulate private school fees by publishing
the fee structures and accounts online. Capitation fee will be abolished.
23. Transparency in Schools Admissions: AAP will bring in complete transparency in
Nursery and KG admissions. To streamline the admission process, we will use a
centralized online system for nursery admissions, removing avenues for corruption.
24. Ramp Up Government Schools to Provide Quality Education: AAP is committed
to improving the standard of government schools so that all citizens of Delhi have
access to high quality of education. Every school will have sufficient functional
toilets built, especially for girls. A sufficient budget will be given at the discretion of
the principal for lights, fans, blackboards and other essential infrastructure.
Teaching and learning infrastructure including computers and high-speed Internet
connectivity will be made fully functional in every school. Number of DTC buses will
be increased in order to service private schools so that it cuts down on the wait
times at regular DTC bus stops. Seventeen thousand new teachers will be hired to
maintain full staff strength at government schools.
25. Increased Spending on Education and Healthcare: Education and Health will be
AAP's top priority. The total budgetary allocation will be increased accordingly.
26. Expand Healthcare Infrastructure: We will create 900 new Primary Health
Centers (PHCs) and 30,000 more beds in Delhi hospitals, out of which 4,000 will be
in maternity wards. We will ensure that Delhi conforms to the international norm of
five beds for every 1000 people.
27. Quality Drugs For All At Affordable Price: Pharmaceutical drug and equipment
procurement will be centralized to ensure zero corruption. Generic, affordable and
high quality drugs will be made available to the public.
28. Adequate Street Lighting: Seventy percent of Delhi's streetlights do not work. Unlit
streets become scenes of crimes particularly against women. AAP will ensure a100
percent lighting of streets across the city so that no miscreant or anti-social activity
29. Effective Last Mile Connectivity: AAP will provide effective last mile connectivity
in Delhi's public transit system, which will play a role in reducing the number of
crimes against women. An effective combination of shared autos, metro feeder
services and e-rickshaws will be used to provide efficient last mile connectivity by
fixing and delimiting routes. This will be synced with metro and bus timings so that
there is a working connection to each neighborhood from nodal points.
30. CCTVs in Public Spaces and Buses: AAP plans to install CCTV cameras in DTC
buses, bus stands and in crowded places as a deterrent against crime. AAP will
ensure that women can go about their jobs in the city free of stress while travelling
by public transport.
31. Speedy Justice through 47 Fast-Track Courts: AAP will strongly push for the
creation and completion of fast-track courts, which are dedicated to handling cases
of sexual assault and other crimes against women. AAP will operationalize 47 new
courts that it had commissioned in January 2014 to ensure speedy justice. If
required, the courts will be run in two shifts so that the cases involving crimes
against women are heard and trials completed within six months.
32. Empower Delhi Lawyers and Judiciary: New judges will be appointed. We will
make provisions for affordable housing for government counsels and lawyers
practising in lower courts. The government will streamline existing government
medical schemes to ensure maximum coverage of legal functionaries.
33. Women's Security Force: AAP will set up Mahila Suraksha Dal or Women's
Security Force made up of a 10,000 strong Home Guard who are currently forced to
work as servants, drivers and cooks at the residences of senior officers and
ministers. AAP will also use 5,000 bus marshals to prevent and deter crime on
34. Suraksha Button: Our government will provide a Suraksha/SOS button on every
mobile phone. We will work towards its connectivity to the police, nearest PCR van,
relatives and volunteer community.
35. Governance On The Mobile Phone: All government services and forms will be
made available online and on the phone. Data on government projects,
performance, accounts and personnel will be posted online. This will bring
transparency and accountability in governance.
36. Delhi's Villages To Receive Special Attention: Decisions regarding the
development of Delhi's villages will be taken by Gram Sabhas, which will be granted
special untied Village Development Funds to be utilized according to their priorities.
Those engaged in agriculture and animal husbandry will receive incentives and
infrastructural support as is done in neighbouring states. We will provide sports
facilities in villages to encourage young adults to pursue sports. Connectivity to rural
Delhi will be enhanced through increased bus and metro services.
37. Pro-Farmer Land Reform: Section 33 and 81 of the Delhi Land Reform Act, which
put unjust restrictions on farmers' rights over their land, will be removed. No land
will be acquired in Delhi's villages without the consent of the Gram Sabha. Strong
pressure would be exerted on the Central government to remove unnecessary
restrictions regarding land use in villages.
38. Wi-Fi Delhi: We will make Wi-Fi freely available in public spaces across Delhi.
Citywide Wi-Fi can help in bridging the digital divide. It will also provide an impetus
to education, entrepreneurship, business, employment, and also tie in with women's
39. Delhi To Be Made A Trade And Retail Hub: AAP will formulate trader-friendly
policies and streamline rules and regulations for setting up and running businesses.
We will simplify compliance and licensing for traders and put in place a system of
single window clearance. We will also ensure that starting a trade or business in
Delhi takes a maximum time of one week. As vital stakeholders the participation of
traders in the framing of trade policies will be encouraged.
40. No FDI In Retail: Our government will continue with its decision of not allowing FDI
in retail in Delhi.
41. Lowest VAT Regime: Delhi will have the lowest VAT regime in India. We will
simplify VAT and other tax structures. One portion of the VAT collected from every
locality and market will be used for the maintenance and upgradation of that market
to foster business and trade.
42. End of VAT Raids And Inspector Raj: We will put an end to raid culture and
inspector raj. Only under exceptional circumstances will a raid be permitted with the
prior approval of senior officials.
43. Simplifying VAT Rules: AAP will simplify VAT rules, processes and forms. The 30
page long VAT form will be crunched into one page for traders. All communication
with the concerned department will be online. Licenses will be applied for and
received at home.
44. Delhi Skill Mission: AAP will promote vocational education and skill development
of Delhi's youth in schools and colleges, to bridge the real skill gap in Delhi. We will
create the first ever Delhi Skill Mission to train and enable one lakh youth per year
for the first 2 years, ramping up to five lakh youth per year for the next 3 years.
45. Create 8 Lakh Jobs: AAP will create eight lakh new jobs in the next five years.
AAP will facilitate innovative and private startup accelerators to provide support to
entrepreneurs. We will create an ecosystem that enables private industry to create
46. Delhi To Be Startup Hub: The government will encourage startups by setting up
business and technology incubators in universities and colleges. As a pilot project,
we will also create three million square feet of affordable business incubation space.
47. Contractual Posts To Be Regularized: AAP will fill 55,000 vacancies in the Delhi
government and autonomous bodies of the Delhi Government on an immediate
basis. 4,000 doctors and 15,000 nurses and paramedics will be made permanent.
48. Emphasis On Social Security: AAP will implement a flexible and fair labour policy.
Our policy will ensure social security for workers in the unorganized sector; regulate
wages, services and working hours of domestic workers and improve work
conditions of rag pickers. Local Mohalla Sabhas will provide licences to street
vendors and hawkers in designated spaces.
49. Reducing Pollution: Delhi Ridge, the lung of the city, will be protected from
encroachment and deforestation. Environmentally appropriate afforestation would
be carried out in all parts of Delhi in collaboration with the local Mohalla Sabhas. We
will acquire mechanized vacuum cleaning vehicles to clean the city. Public transport
will be improved to reduce the number of cars on the road. Additionally, incentives
will be provided for low emission fuels like CNG and electricity. Government will
encourage car-pooling and will crackdown on fuel adulteration to reduce pollution.
50. Unified Transport Authority: AAP will formulate holistic transport policies for all
forms of transport including the metro, buses, auto rickshaws, rickshaws and
e-rickshaws. A 'Unified Transport Authority' will be established for this purpose.
51. Large Scale Expansion in Bus Services: We will expand bus services in the city
on a massive scale, adding at least 5,000 new buses to the city fleet in five years.
This will reduce the cost of transportation and pollution in the city.
52. Just And Fair Policy For E-Rickshaws: E-rickshaw drivers of Delhi spent many
months mired in confusion. They lost their livelihood for months due to the BJP's
policy paralysis. AAP will formulate a clear policy and standards for the ownership
and operation of e-rickshaws, keeping safety aspects in mind.
53. Metro Rail 2.0: We will collaborate with the Indian Railways to extend and develop
the Ring Rail service in Delhi. AAP will also work towards large-scale expansion of
the Delhi metro, especially in rural areas. Senior citizens, students and persons with
disability will be provided concessional passes on buses and in the metro.
54. Fair Arrangement for Auto Drivers: The number of auto rickshaw stands will be
increased. We will facilitate fast bank loans for the purchase of auto-rickshaws.
Special trainings will be conducted for auto drivers to improve their overall conduct.
The interests of commuters will be protected by taking strict action against auto
drivers in case of violation of laws or misbehaviour. At the same time, we will
prevent harassment of auto rickshaw drivers by the police.
55. Freehold Of Resettlement Colonies: The Aam Aadmi Party proposes a simple
solution of conferring freehold rights to resettlement colonies. Original allottees will
receive ownership of their plots for just Rs. 10,000. Those who are not original
allottees will get the ownership rights of their plots for less than Rs. 50,000
depending on their plot size. The cumbersome multi-page form will be simplified
and condensed into a single page form.
56. Regularization And Transformation Of Unauthorized Colonies: We will provide
registration rights with regard to property and sales deeds in resettlement colonies.
Further, we will provide water and sewer lines, electricity, schools and hospitals in a
systematic and phased manner. Multi-pronged action to make available these basic
necessities is the only way of empowering unauthorized colonies, which is
something that has never been attempted by the BJP or the Congress. Within one
year of our government formation, these unauthorized colonies will be regularized
and residents will be given ownership rights.
57. Affordable Housing For All: We will construct affordable housing for lower income
groups. Over 200 acres of land is currently lying vacant with the Delhi Urban Shelter
Improvement Board that can be used for affordable housing.
58. In Situ Development of Slums: Slum dwellers will be provided plots or flats in the
same location as the existing slums. If that is not possible, they will be rehabilitated
in the closest possible location. The Mohalla Sabha will plan the rehabilitation
process and monitor its implementation. Until such rehabilitation is completed, the
slums will not be demolished under any circumstances. Facilities for drinking water,
sanitation and cleaning of sewage canals will be provided in all slums. Streets and
lanes in slums will be repaired and converted into pucca roads.
59. Taking Care Of Our Senior Citizens: The government will initiate a universal and
non-contributory old age pension system immediately. A minimum dignified amount
indexed to inflation will be provided. Delays in disbursement and arbitrary decisions
regarding pensions will be eliminated.
60. Controlling Price Rise: In the retail and wholesale business, stringent measures
will be taken to prevent hoarding and profiteering. Our government will use the its
full strength to stop black market operations, hoarding and speculative trading to
curb the rising prices of vegetables, fruits and other essential commodities. Ration
shops and the public distribution system will be corruption-free and shield the Aam
Aadmi from rising costs.
61. Drug-Free Delhi: AAP wishes to make Delhi a completely drug-free state. We will
prevent drug trafficking by means of tight monitoring and ensuring strict punishment
for the guilty. The number of de-addiction centers shall be increased and mental
and psychiatric support for rehabilitation purposes will be provided. We will also
ensure that effective counseling is easily available in schools for adolescents.
62. Empowering The Disabled: We are committed to protecting the rights of Persons
with Disability (PwD), and hope to make Delhi an exemplar for the rest of India. AAP
will ensure implementation of the 3 percent reservation for persons with disability.
We will strive to make education truly inclusive by hiring special educators in
government schools. AAP will help children with disability get admission into
schools and colleges and ensure financial support to institutions working especially
for their needs.
63. Justice For Victims Of Anti-Sikh 1984 Carnage: The 1984 anti-Sikh carnage was
one of the lowest points in the history of Delhi. Those responsible continue to roam
scot-free. The Aam Aadmi Party understands the feeling widespread in the Sikh
community that they have been denied justice. Further, the fact that the BJP-led
government at the Centre still feels the need to constitute a committee to decide
whether an SIT is needed or not on this issue is mystifying. We promise to notify the
SIT that we had ordered in January 2014 to reinvestigate the 1984 anti-Sikh killings,
particularly the involvement of high profile Congress leaders. Cases where
investigations were not carried out properly or witness testimonies not recorded will
64. Respecting Our Ex-Servicemen: Delhi is home to a large number of ex-servicemen
and women from the Armed Forces. AAP will stand by the nation's ex-servicemen in
their fight for "One Rank, One Pension". We will ensure the existing quota in
government jobs for ex-servicemen is filled up.
65. Development And Equality For All Minorities: The recent communal tension
witnessed in Delhi is totally out of sync with the social fabric of the city. We stand
firmly against attacks on places of worship and inflammatory speeches across
Delhi. Upholding the spirit of Swaraj, Mohalla Sabhas will set up peace committees
to ensure harmony in their respective neighborhoods. We will bring transparency in
the functioning of Delhi Waqf Board and ensure that encroachments on Waqf
property by private parties as well as the government are removed.
66. Dignity To The Safai Karamchari: AAP will end contractualisation in "safai
karamchari" posts and will regularize existing employees. Workers who enter
sewers will be provided with protective gear, masks and appropriate equipment.
Like fire fighters, they will receive medical insurance. To help in their career
advancement, safai karamcharis will be provided assistance in education and
training. On the death of a "safai karamchari" on duty, Rs. 50 lakh will be given to
the bereaved family.
67. Ensuring The Rights Of The Marginalized: We will ensure that policies of
reservation concerning the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other
Backward Caste sections are enforced in Delhi government jobs. Entrepreneurs
from Scheduled Castes will be provided zero or low-interest loans to set up
businesses. Procedures for obtaining caste certificates will be simplified. We will
take steps to end the discrimination against and harassment of denotified and
nomadic communities in Delhi. The long neglected transgender community will be
provided access to health, education and appropriate identity cards that will ease
their engagement with institutions.
68. Promote Sports Culture: We will create new sports facilities, improve the existing
infrastructure and provide coaching assistance to sportspersons. We will open for
the youth Delhi's sports stadiums and complexes that at present are lying
underutilized. More than 3000 government school playgrounds will also be made
available to the local community after school hours.
69. Promoting Punjabi, Sanskrit And Urdu: We will provide second-language status
to Urdu and Punjabi. An adequate number of teachers will be employed for teaching
Urdu and Punjabi. Research in Urdu and Punjabi shall be encouraged in various
Delhi state universities. Study and research in Sanskrit will also be encouraged.
70. Preserving Our Heritage and Literature: The Delhi Public Library Network, which
presented a vibrant public space accessible to all and encouraged a culture of
reading and curiosity about one's social context, will be enhanced. A public library
or community-reading space will be created in every constituency of Delhi.
Your comments on the points' specific details? Maybe just the points covering your work domain? (And not your abstract overall commentary on the whole thing, or your personal speculation on whether it will get any votes, please..)