Friday, December 26, 2014

John Taylor Gatto medical fund

Sharing this as his book "Dumbing Us Down" literally fell into my lap in early 2012, knocked my well-educated socks off and ushered me into the world of alternatives. When I had finished reading the last page, I just *knew* that the course of my life had just shifted into completely new territory, that nothing would ever be the same again. Following that I got to know Jinan, Urmila, Swaraj University, Shikshantar, Learning Societies UnConference and everything that has followed.

http://www.thejohntaylorgattomedicalfund.com/

Quoting from the website:

On July 29, 2011 John had a stroke which left him hospitalized for months and mostly paralyzed on his left side and bedridden ever since.  His brain is working well, he believes he has much more to accomplish and contribute, and he is slowly gaining his strength.  Over the last several months we have raised enough money to help John and Janet in big and demonstrative ways... let's keep it up and get him back on his feet and ready to share his next round of intelligent discourse with us! We love you John!


John's current condition: 

on September 26, 2014, John sent this to me:

Life is too lovable not to love, God's artistry in making a planet and its creatures never fails to astonish me. My physical strength does seem a little better, day by day, but my brain is still too sludge-filled and dizzy to allow the best concentration on brain work; in the past I did my best work, literally, while I was laughing, or at the very least grinning broadly at the human comedy, but, alas, that merriment has fled at the constant bone/joint pain left at the legacy of the strokes, which no allowable pain-killer seems to touch. 


Yet in faith I remain quietly optimistic, as I was taught as a little boy to be, and if ever I fully recover, as a result of this experience, I shall fully appreciate what a superb blessing the simple gift of walking really is, along with the wealth that comes with the simple state of being, given equally to us all, whatever our social or economic status.


Prior to the strokes, like most people, I always wanted MORE, unable to clearly appreciate I already had everything I needed for happiness, but it took that sudden shock of frailty to fully bring the lesson home.

Hope all is well with you in the warm parts of the earth as we here, await the ice and snow. Be well my friend, and above all ,healthy; do stay away from sugar, Satan's deceptive sweetness. 



With love and hugs, John 

p.s.  With luck, a reprint edition of Underground History will be out by Xmas, and my children's book
, Snider,the C.I.A. Spider.

No comments:

Gift Economy

Would you like to show your appreciation for this work through a small contribution?
Contribute

(PS: there's no ads or revenue sources of any kind on this blog)

Related Posts with Thumbnails